The Middle East Public Relations Association (MEPRA) will host the second edition of the MEPRA Leadership Majlis at The Ritz Carlton, Abu Dhabi, on May 25, 2016. The evening will bring together industry representatives to discuss the topic, “The Future of Public Relations in the Middle East: Innovation, Disruption, and Relevance”.
The forum is targeted at the region’s leading communications professionals, showcasing examples of communication campaigns and in particular the impact of changing technologies and consumer behavior on the public relations industry.
“The response to our inaugural Majlis was extremely positive, and our programme of speakers for this year is even stronger,” says Brian Lott, chairman of the MEPRA Board, in a press statement. “This event showcases the unique talent we have in the region and best practices from some of our most prominent practitioners, with fresh insights into the rapid changes happening in our industry,” he adds.
At the Majlis, MEPRA will also announce the findings of new research on innovation in communications, based on a study of leading public relations professionals in the region.
With over 200 guests expected, the gathering will provide networking opportunities for top public relations professionals. The speaker line-up includes:
• H.E. Noura Al Kaabi, Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs and Chairwoman, Media Zone Authority-Abu Dhabi and twofour54, on Encouraging Innovation
• Peter Baumgartner, chief operating officer for Etihad Airways, on how the airline started with a blank sheet of paper to create new models in business and in communication
• Rania Rostom, chief innovation and communications officer for GE, on Innovation in Communications – Global Best Practice and PR in the Middle East
• Yousef Tuqan, vice-president of marketing and analytics at Careem, on trends in digital marketing and social media in the Arab world.
Additionally, the Majlis will feature a panel discussion between regional communicators on the topic of ‘Who drives innovation, clients or the PR industry’.
The panelists will include:
• Christine Sarkis, Qatar Airways
• Simon Buerk, Blue Rubicon
• Tod Donhauser, Edelman
• Aida Al Busaidi, Stakeholder Communications, DTCM
• Sconaid McGeachin, H+K Strategies
MEPRA will also announce the second ‘MEPRA Visionary Award’, to recognize the communications contribution of a distinguished leader in the region.
To attend the MEPRA Leadership Majlis, please contact Carine Duvignaud on [email protected] or visit www.mepra.org.