1. What do you love about this industry?
In live entertainment, no two days are ever alike. Not even two hours.
Being the marketing director of La Perle, I need to very quickly adapt to the everyday craziness, shift gears and get the entire team to keep up with the fast-paced environment. That unpredictability and constant challenge is what keeps me going every day.
[Tweet ” La Perle’s marketing strategy? “Bums on seats!” says marketing director @DinaKfouri”]
2. What do you hate about this industry?
Hmm. Hate is a strong word 🙂
But one thing that I find challenging in show business is that we, as marketers, are not always in control. When I think: La Perle, content, opportunities, I become like a kid in a candy store, with tons of ideas going through my head. But in fact, with every opportunity come a dozen challenges. There are just so many factors to take into account when working in live entertainment, from understanding the space and environment, respecting the cast and crew’s schedules and timings, keeping in mind their safety, and all sorts of challenges that could potentially come in the way of creating great marketing content for the brand.
But the idea is that rather than fighting the system, just roll up your sleeves and find ways to work around it and accept the idea that this “world” is just not our world. It is the world of 200 cast and crew members whose lives depend on this show, literally. And that is and will always remain the no.1 priority of La Perle.
3. If you could be in another profession, what would it be?
A TV or film producer.
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Check my calendar for the day.
5. What’s the last thing you do before you go to bed?
6. The craziest thing on your bucket list?
Mingle with penguins in Antarctica.
7. If you had to sum up La Perle’s marketing strategy in one sentence, what would it be?
Bums on seats!