- In the Middle East, more than 70% of mothers do not screen themselves for breast cancer.
- A majority of them would rather not know they have breast cancer (and face the dangers of delayed detection) than know they have the disease and go through the treatment.
- Fear of losing their hair or not looking beautiful because of the side effects of the treatments scares women and ignorance becomes temporary bliss.
- But, with 1 in 8 women at risk of being diagnosed with breast cancer, the disease does impact many women, mothers and families in the region.
- With early detection helping with over 90% survival rates, getting checked early is key.
So, this Mother’s Day, instead of thanking or celebrating moms, Babyshop is asking moms to celebrate themselves in an atypical campaign that asks them to pledge regular screening for breast cancer.
Titled “The Gift of Mom,” the initiative is being launched with a film on YouTube and Facebook. In addition to the film, the brand has tied up with medical centers such as Aster to offer complimentary screening to all women and partnered with companies such as Uber to offer complimentary rides to the medical centers.
Radio programs are covering the idea and encouraging women to get themselves checked with famous influencers such as Kris Fade recording and talking about the topic.
In-store, Babyshop is bringing the need for mothers to check themselves to life via clothes hangars and shopping aisles. Babyshop stores will be converting fitting rooms into screening rooms. The film and its message will also be highlighted across in-store screens.
School activations will collect messages for mothers. In leading cinemas, there will be acts to reminds mothers to screens themselves. Dubai One and other leading TV channels will be broadcasting the film and having conversations around the topic on Mother’s Day and over the next two weeks.
Agency: FP7 McCann Dubai
Production House: Dejavu
Executive Producer: Manasvi Gosalia
Director: Tahaab Rais
DOP: Bobby Dhillon
Editor: Neelay Shah
First AD: Zeus Merhi
Producer: Kavya Iyer
Post Producer: Mary Bou Akl
Grading: Karim Mira
Creative Director: Tahaab Rais
Copywriter: Tahaab Rais
Art Director: Tahaab Rais
General Manager – Business Unit: Nima Askari
Senior Account Director: Vicky Kriplani
Regional Head of Strategy: Tahaab Rais
Account Manager: Marine Deneufbourg
Executive Creative Director: Olly Robinson
Art Direction: Selen Caliskan Batur
Make-up: Merve Bayazit Cangokce
Sound Studio: Mango Jam
Production: Amiya Nagpal
Casting Agency: MMG